QUALIFICATION AND DISQUALIFICATION OF MEMBERS OF THE ROSEAU CITY COUNCIL
SECTION 4 - No person shall be qualified to be elected as a member of the Council unless he –
- is a citizen of the Commonwealth of Dominica; and
- has attained the age of eighteen years or upwards; and
- is resident in the City and has been so resident for a period of not less than six months immediately prior to the date of nomination.
SECTION 5(1) - A person shall be disqualified from being a member of the Council if and while he –
- cannot speak; read or write English;
- is a minister of religion;
- holds any office or place of profit in the gift or disposal of the Council;
- is an undischarged bankrupt;
- is suffering from mental disorder;
- has directly or indirectly by himself or his partner, or any person in his employ, any share or interest in any contract or employment with, by or on behalf of the Council.
Chief Elections Officer