The Electoral Office is in need of a qualified individual to fill the post of Database Administrator. The Database Administrator will be responsible for the administration of the databases at the Electoral Office and reports to the Chief Elections Officer.
Summary of Position
The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance of the databases to integrate new features as required by the Electoral Office. Implements and monitors system changes, performs tasks related to the upgrading and installing of software, monitors the databases performance and produces and updates all procedures for the operations of the database.
- Maintains the databases for effective operations and integrating new features as required
- Ensures that the databases are maintained at a high level of system performance
- Ensures that the databases are up to date with upgrades and new developments
- Maintains the database to ensure data integrity
- Producing reports periodically and in accordance with Law
- Ensures data security by completing database back ups
- Confirms with Laws and Regulations of the Public Service and Election Laws
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Studies
- Minimum of six (6) months experience in the field
- Knowledge of relational database design and techniques using SQL and working knowledge of Unix/Linux
Skills and Other Attributes
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others
- Strong technical and analytical skills
Compensation will be in the Public Service Salary scale of 11-9, EC$39,024.60 - EC$42, 170.16 per annum.
Interested individuals should apply to:
Chief Elections Officer
Jewel Street, Roseau
Commonwealth of Dominica
The following documents should accompany the application certified copies of relevant certificates. The names and contact information of two (2) references.
Deadline for receipt of applications is April 8th 2016.
For more information contact:
Tel: (767) 266 3336
Fax: (767) 448 3399