The general public is informed that the undermentioned persons are appointed Returning Offices for the House of Assembly General Elections, in accordance with Section 6 (1) of the House of Assembly (Elections) Act, Chapter 2:01 of the Revised Laws of Dominica, 1990, Election.
|Octavia Alfred||Castle Bruce|
|Cecilia Isaac||La Plaine|
|Gweneth Anselm||Morne Jaune/Riviere Cyrique|
|Nardine Paul||Paix Bouche|
|Timothy Moses||Petite Savanne|
|Josephine Lewis||Roseau Central|
|Genevieve Guye||Roseau North|
|Anna Warner||Roseau South|
|Merrill Matthew||Roseau Valley|
|Kathleen Auguiste Jno. Lewis||Salybia|
|Anthony Joseph||St. Joseph|
|Theresa Royer||Vieille Case|
Nomination day is 19th November 2014 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Prospective candidates must deliver, or cause to be delivered to the Returning Officer of the Constituency for which he/she seeks to be elected, a Statutory Declaration of his/her qualification, and his/her consent in writing to the Nomination, together with a deposit of five hundred dollars ($500.00) in cash, at the place fixed for nomination.
The nomination centres are as follows:
|Castle Bruce||Castle Bruce Village Council Office|
|Colihaut||Colihaut Village Council Office|
|Cottage||Cottage Community Centre|
|GrandBay||Grand Bay Village Council Office|
|La Plaine||Delices Police Station|
|Mahaut||Mahaut Village Council Office|
|Marigot||Marigot Police Station|
|Morne Jaune/Riviere Cyrique||Grand Fond Village Council Office|
|Paix Bouche||Paix Bouche Village Council Office|
|Petite Savanne||Petite Savanne Village Council Office|
|Portsmouth||Portsmouth Town Council Office|
|Roseau Central||Electoral Office|
|Roseau North||Alpha Centre|
|Roseau South||Newtown Community Centre|
|Roseau Valley||House of Colbert Pinard|
|Salisbury||Salisbury Police Station|
|Salybia||Carib Council Office|
|St. Joseph||St. Joseph Community Centre|
|Soufriere||Soufriere Police Station|
|Vieille Case||Vieille Case Credit Union|
|Wesley||Wesley Police Station|
The attention of the public, candidates in particular, are asked to take note of these requirements:
- Every Candidate for Election:
- must be nominated in writing by not less than six Registered Electors of the Constituency for which he/she seeks to be elected.
- must consent in writing to such nomination in Form 12.
- must at the time of his/her nomination deliver, or cause to be delivered to the Returning Officer, a Statutory Declaration in Form 13, made and subscribed by the Candidate or, if the Candidate is absent from the State on Nomination Day, by his duly authorized Agent, in Form 14.
- must ensure that the Statutory Declaration is attested to by a Registrar, Magistrate, Justice of Peace or Notary Public.
- must ensure that the Statutory Declaration is signed in the Presence of the Registrar, Magistrate, Justice of Peace as the case may be.
- must affix five dollars ( $ 5.00) stamp to the Declaration.
- If the Statutory Declaration is not delivered as stipulated, thenomination of the Candidate shall be deemed to be void.
- The Returning Officers shall be at the aforementioned places and at the time specified receive the Nomination Papers as they are tendered to him.
Steven La Rocque
Chief Elections Officer